Good news from the blog-o-sphere! C. from Alternative Hypothesis nominated me (well, more appropriately, this blog) for the Liebster Blog Award! It’s basically like a blog chain letter, only much cooler. The idea is to spread the love from one small blog (i.e., less than 200 followers) to other small blogs, in order to build community, readership, and karma. The origins are hard to track down, but “liebster” in German means “dearest,” so I guess the idea is to spread the word about the blogs near and dear to your heart.
The rules are simple:
1. You show your thanks to the blogger who nominated you by linking back to their blog.
2. You nominate five other blogs by posting a comment on their blogs.
3. Have fun, discover some new blogs, and spread the good blog karma.
So, without further ado, here are five small blogs that I really love (in no particular order):
1. Fit For A Femme: A fantastic mix of fashion, photos, and writing by my talented, gorgeous friend SBJ. It’s already won lots of blog awards and recognition, so I’m shocked that she has *zero* followers. I’m positive this is a huge mistake. (Ah, I see. There’s no “follow” button on the blog. Case solved!) Anyway, if you like eye candy with a bit of witty commentary sprinkled here and there, and pretty much the most adorable lesbo couple EVER (e.g., here), please check out FFAF.
2. High Mag: Erin and I go way back to grad school, where we used to amuse ourselves with Arnold Schwarzenegger sound boards. These days, she uses her punny wit and great imagination to make connections between pop culture and cell biology. To borrow a classic Erin phrase, “I’m a big fan.”
3. running4thereason: Written by my friend Laura originally to document the training for her first marathon, it’s developed into a great, well-rounded blog about running, recipes, and life in general. I always appreciate Laura’s honesty and insight. Y’all might be interested in the account of her recent trip to French Laundry. Ooh-la-la!
4. Adventure Eating: I don’t know Cynthia, but I feel like we might be kindred spirits. Or, at the very least, very compatible dining partners. I only wish that she’d post more often (no pressure, Cynthia!). 😉
5. A Runner’s Delight: A running blog, yes, but also much more. runnersdelight was nice enough to feature me as part of a series about how different runners got their start. Check out her recent investigation on the connection between alcohol and exercise.
So there you have it! Happy reading!